Thursday, August 30, 2012

the truth.

Everyone has been asking me if i am still running now that i have graduated. the answer is yes.
i mean i have been running. just not nearly as much as i used to. i took a good month and a half break.
but no more.
once i started to see my body changing and atrophying i decided i needed to figure out my feelings towards running.
you see, i love the competition of running, i love running with people and the social part of it.
i don't love running just to run.
it makes me tired. haha.
but i am working on it. I am trying to just enjoy it, and enjoy the feeling of working out again.
i don't think i will every be what i once was, and i think that's okay, but it is honestly hard for me to accept, and then i just don't want to run.
i know people who can just never let it go, running and competing after college is more important to them than working or family, etc.
I DON'T WANT TO BE THAT!!
I also don't want to be out of shape.
so i am trying to find a balance.
so this week i have been waking up at 6:30 to run before work.
i have started out with 30 minutes, and now i am up to 45.
i want to get to the point of running an hour in the morning. that would suffice.
i also want to get to the point where i LOVE running because it is beautiful and feels amazing.
i want to not feel guilty if i miss a day of running.
and i want to explore other forms of exercise and activities.
i miss my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment