Sunday, February 26, 2012

goin out with a bang

this year of running has been so frustrating for me thus far. almost every workout i have struggled with the paces, i bombed a really big race in seattle. couldn't even come close the my times from last year. i just haven't been feeling strong mentally or physically. the most frustrating part about it is that since i didn't have cross country last year i took that time to build up a big base in mileage and i felt so strong. but ever since indoor started i have felt like everything has been a struggle.

this weekend was the indoor conference meet in boise. i was so lucky to have my in laws there as well as my parents. cheering me on for all 40 laps of my races. the first night i ran the 5k and got 4th. i felt okay about that race. i ran hard, but not gutsy at all. i tend to let people get into my head and let them think they are better than me. i knew it was going to be a close team race for the championships so in the 3000 on saturday i decided to run really gutsy and not let my head get in the way. it paid off. i beat the twins that i have been trying to beat for a long time and had a kick!! i never had a kick!!! it felt good to finally feel happy after a race.

wanna know the best part about the weekend?!?!?!

WE WON!!!!!!!!





first Western Athletic Conference Championship, and first indoor track championship since 1994.


I am so proud to be a member of this team. this is the greatest way to go out as a senior. We have all wanted this so bad and worked our butts off. it finally paid off! Go Aggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment